Trump administration has spoken to multiple oil companies about Venezuela
Jim Watson | Afp | Getty Images
President Donald Trump said Saturday that U.S. oil companies would invest billions of dollars to rebuild Venezuela’s energy sector after the capture of President Nicolás Maduro.
The White House official did not say which companies the administration has spoken to or when the conversations took place.
“All of our oil companies are ready and willing to make big investments in Venezuela that will rebuild their oil infrastructure, which was destroyed by the illegitimate Maduro regime,” White House spokeswoman Taylor Rogers said.
Reuters reported earlier that Chevron, Conoco and Exxon have not spoken to the administration about Maduro’s overthrow.
Energy Secretary Chris Wright is scheduled attend an energy conference hosted by Goldman Sachs in Miami this week. Executives from Chevron and ConocoPhillips are also expected to attend.
Chevron is the only U.S. oil major operating in Venezuela. CNBC has reached out to Chevron, Conoco and Exxon for comment.
Discover more from stock updates now
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

